What is Real ID?
The N.C. REAL ID will make it more convenient when you need to board a commercial airplane or visit a military base or other federal facility. Beginning in 2020, federal agencies will enforce tougher security standards at airport check-ins. Without an N.C. REAL ID, you will still be able to board flights and enter federal facilities, but you will have to provide additional documentation with your traditional license or ID. You must also contact the Transportation Security Administration and other federal facilities about their required identification before each visit.
Scheduled Airline Service at Concord Regional Airport
Scheduled airline flights operated at our Airline Passenger Terminal Building (located at 7435 Zephyr Place NW, Concord, NC 28027). Low fare carrier Allegiant is the only airline currently providing flights at the airport.
Allegiant currently offers scheduled service to the following destinations:
Please visit the Allegiant website for full flight schedule times and other details www.allegiantair.com
Tickets are available for purchase by visiting the Allegiant website www.allegiantair.com, or calling the Allegiant reservations number 702-505-8888. There will also be a limited ticket desk open at the Concord Regional Airport for walk up sales on flight days for an hour after the first flight of the each day.
REMINDER TO ALLEGIANT PASSENGERS THAT THEY NEED TO CHECK-IN AT LEAST TWO HOURS BEFORE THEIR FLIGHT AND BE IN THE GATE AREA AT TIME OF BOARDING. The ticket counter closes before the aircraft arrives so employees can assist in the boarding process which will begin shortly after arriving passengers deplane the aircraft.
The Parking at Concord Regional Airport is now OPEN! It is located adjacent to the new commercial service terminal building at 7435 Zephyr Place NW, Concord, NC 28027 and can accommodate up to 700 vehicles on two levels. The upper level is uncovered and is currently $4.00 per day. The lower level is covered and is only $5.00 per day. Short-term meeters and greeters are charged .50 per hour if they need to park and come into the building.
Please follow signs for parking when you arrive at the airport.
ALLEGIANT TRAVELERS will be directed to park in one of the two-long term levels of the parking garage. Those travelers with handicap needs should plan ahead and arrive early as there are limited spaces designated for handicap parking, especially close to the building. Local Allegiant staff will provide assistance to travelers needing handicap accommodations if advised of the possible need a head of time.
Ground transportation services will be available at the airport, but should be arranged a head of time if at all possible.
Allegiant Flight schedule can be found on the Allegiant website: www.allegiantair.com
ALLEGIANT TRAVEL ADVISORY INFORMATION
Occasionally, weather or other issues will prevent flights from operating as scheduled. In that event, Allegiant makes every effort to accommodate its passengers. Information is shared with customers in the following ways:
Travel Advisory Hotline (702.719.8111)
Travel Advisory Website Page http://www2.allegiantair.com/travel-advisory
Passengers will be contacted at the phone number and email address they provided at time of booking, and the travel advisory page on the Allegiant Website as well as our Travel Advisory Hotline (702.719.8111) will be updated once known.
TARMAC DELAY INFORMATION FOR AIRLINE PASSENGERS
In compliance with the 2009 DOT "Enhancing Airline Passenger Protections" rule and the FAA Modernization and Reform Act of 2012, The Concord Regional Airport has developed and submitted to DOT our "Tarmac Delay Contingency Plan" that outlines procedures and efforts to be made, working with airlines, if lengthy delays over 3 hours occur while passengers are on-board an air carrier aircraft at the airport. Both the Airport and Airline plans can be found below:
Concord Regional Airport Tarmac Delay Contingency Plan
Allegiant Tarmac Delay Contingency Plan
Our August 2013 Scheduled Service Announcement:
Concord Regional Airport to begin scheduled service!
CONCORD – City of Concord officials celebrated a milestone on Thursday August 22th following the announcement by Allegiant Air that scheduled passenger service will begin at Concord Regional Airport. Allegiant's nonstop jet service between Concord and Orlando via Orlando-Sanford International Airport (SFB) is scheduled to begin Friday, December 20, 2013. Allegiant will initially serve passengers flying from and to Florida twice a week, with flights arriving to and departing from Concord on Friday and Monday mornings
Holiday Travel Tips:
• Check with your airline for updated flight information, as well as baggage size and weight rules. Additional fees could be applicable.
• Give yourself enough time to arrive at the airport early. Be prepared to spend at least an hour to park, check luggage, and process through the Security Checkpoint.
• The Allegiant ticket counter closes 45 minutes before departure. You will not be able to check your bags or get a boarding pass from the counter after that time, and may miss your flight.
• Save time by printing boarding passes at home or downloading the Allegiant mobile app.
• Remember the TSA 3-1-1 liquids rule. There is food, snacks, and drinks available from the “Eat Hear and Fly” concessionaire in the passenger gate area beyond the security checkpoint so you do not need to take bottled drinks through the checkpoint.
• Allegiant passenger boarding process usually closes 10 to 15 minutes before departure time so if you do not make it to the gate by that time, you may miss your flight.
• Follow Concord Regional’s Facebook page (/ConcordRegionalAirport) and Twitter feed (@ConcordAirprtNC) for the most up-to-date holiday information and additional travel tips.