Message from Chief T. R. Holloway
The Concord Fire & Life Safety is a team-oriented organization with a diverse group of individuals, who strive to make a difference in the lives of others. We accomplish this by providing the shareholders of the City of Concord with dynamic, efficient and productive services. We are committed to the basic philosophy of serving others by being in the "helping people business."
The Concord Department of Fire & Life Safety continues to strive to provide the highest level of professional fire and life safety services to all shareholders and customers of the City of Concord. We are very proud of our history serving the City of Concord for over 100 years and we continue to build on that heritage to meet the future needs of our shareholders and customers through partnerships with the community and other City Departments.
The Department is currently working on a comprehensive 20-year plan that will explore the potential redeployment of current resources and the maximum utilization of additional future resources to meet the ever expanding role of the Department.
Our department continues to place a major emphasis on the development of our personnel to ensure a future pool of well-trained and educated leaders within the organization. Today’s fire service operates in a challenging environment, and we meet the challenge every day – teaching fire safe behaviors to children, inspecting commercial properties, managing natural, technological, or intentional calamities that may affect our community and we meet it very well. This process requires a constant commitment and dedication to the task of providing high quality training that meets every need from basic firefighting skills to advanced rescue, hazardous materials, incident management, as well as strong leadership skills for aspiring and current officers.
The future continues to be very bright and exciting for this organization as we all work together as a Team, endeavoring to build the foundation to becoming the best Fire & Life Safety Department in the Nation.
Terry R. Holloway, Fire Chief
Concord Department of Fire & Life Safety
- Provide efficient and effective response to ALL emergency needs.
- Conduct safety inspections consistent with state requirements for various occupancies.
- Investigate emergencies such as fires or hazardous materials incidents to determine cause.
- Offer educational opportunities in schools, churches, communities, civic organizations, businesses, etc.
- Create and deliver programs to enhance the quality of life for our shareholders.
- Provide inspection and installation of child safety seats for vehicles. An offical inspection station operates on each Monday except holidays from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm at Fire Station No. 3 located at 100 Warren C. Coleman Blvd. N.
- Meet the various needs of the shareholders in times of crisis.
- Support a high level of moral and ethical values, while maintaining the highest level of professionalism.
Insurance Rating (ISO) Public Protection Class: 3
The insurance rating for the City of Concord is determined by the North Carolina Department of Insurance, Office of State Fire Marshal’s Public Protection Rating Program. This program is based on the principle provider of insurance underwriting, rating and statistical information to the insurance industry in the United States (Insurance Services Office –ISO). One of the key information elements that insurers use in the underwriting and rating process for property insurance policies is ISO's classification of a jurisdiction's fire protection delivery system. Information regarding the fire department, water supply, fire alarm system, and fire protection area boundaries are critical to insurers providing insurance coverage to citizens of a community.
Graduating Recruits - Class 16
We currently have the above patch available for trade. If you have a patch you would like to trade, please contact us at FMO@concordnc.gov. Our apologies to our International Brothers & Sisters but we are not accepting international trades.