Constructed in 1941, Concord Fire Station No. 1 is located at 31 Church Street N. Once the Fire Department Headquarters, it remains the oldest operating fire station in Cabarrus County. Companies assigned to this station include: Engine Company 1, Ladder Company 1, and Battalion 1. A reserve engine is also quartered here.
Fire Station No.1 is first-due to downtown Concord, as well as the Historical District.
City of Concord Recognized Neighborhoods within Fire Station No. 1’s area include:
- Gibson Village
- Residents of Historic Concord
- Underwood Park
During 2005, this facility was extensively renovated including a vehicle exhaust system, updated kitchen, updated HVAC system, completely painted (internal and external) and returned to its original décor. New dayroom furniture was also replaced. In 2010 the original wooden bay doors for this station were replaced with new energy efficient insulated doors designed to replicate the old doors.
Engine Co. 1
2006 Pierce Dash, 2000 gpm pumper with 1000 tank.
Ladder Co. 1
2011 Pierce Arrow XT, 105' Aerial Ladder with 2000 gpm pump
1988 Chevrolet 3500 4X4 pickup with skid unit.
2009 Ford F-150 4X4 pickup.
1963 Seagrave N-7200 Pumper