Dedicated in 1991, Concord Fire Station No. 5 is located at 170 Pitts School Road. Originally operated by the Pitts Volunteer Fire Department, the structure was renovated and expanded in 1991 as a result of an agreement between the Pitts VFD Board of Directors and the City of Concord for the Pitts Fire District to be protected by the Concord Department of Fire & Life Safety, and that all equipment, vehicles, and structures owned by the Pitts Fire District be given to the City of Concord. Thus, since 1991, Concord Engine Company 5 has been responsible for this area. Engine Company 5 is quartered in this station.
Specialty: Urban Search and Rescue
Fire Station No.5’s first due area includes the Charlotte Motor Speedway, Embassy Suites Hotel/Convention Center, Great Wolf Lodge, a mixture of residential, multi-family, industrial, commercial occupancies as well as the Hwy. 29 and Speedway Boulevard corridors.
City of Concord Recognized Neighborhoods within Fire Station No. 5’s area include:
- Carriage Downs
- Glen Grove
- Morris Glen
- Roberta Farms
- Roberta Woods
- The Woodlands
- Yates Meadow
During 2005 installation of a vehicle exhaust system was completed. Funding was approved in the FY09 budget for major renovations and additions to this station in order to accommodate a ladder company and additional personnel. Due to current economic conditions, this project has been placed on hold.
Engine Co. 5
2004 Pierce Dash, 2000gpm pumper with 1000 tank.
Reserve Engine 95
1992 Pierce Dash, 1500 gpm pumper with 750 tank.
1985 Ford F-350 4X4 pickup with skid unit brush truck.