1. What is the process of reserving a picnic shelter or other facility?
Please call our office at 704-920-5600. Fees vary per facility. You can pickup a facility rental form at the Parks and Recreation Department, on-line or by calling the department. Reservations must be made at least 7 days in advance of reservation date. Payment is due in full at time of reservation.
2. What is Lake Fisher’s schedule?
Hours of Operation:
Monday & Tuesday - Closed
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday - 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Sunday - 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
You can locate a schedule here or by calling 704-938-1327 or 704-920-5601.
3. Does the City of Concord have swimming pools?
The City has one seasonal pool located on Academy Avenue in Concord. Swimming Lessons are offered. You can obtain a brochure or more information by calling 920-5600 or 920-5604. Swimming lessons are offered. For more information CLICK HERE.
4. Where are the closest campgrounds?
We recommend that you visit the Cabarrus County Visitors Bureau web site at http://www.visitcabarrus.com/static/index.cfm?action=group&contentID=26&currphoto=0
5. What types of programs are offered?
We offer a wide variety of programs for most any age, including activities from arts and crafts to fitness and group tours. We print quarterly brochures listing all of our programs. A current schedule can be found on our web site at www.concordparksandrec.org
6. How do I get on your mailing list?
We have two different mailing lists, one for trip participants only and one for program listings. These mailings usually go out 4 times per year. You can send us an email or give us a call with your name, address and phone number, indicating which mailing list you would be interested in. Those people on our mailing list receive notification of new programs before they are advertised to the general public.
7. How do I sign up for an activity?
Pre-registration is usually required and payment is required at time of registration. You can either do this by mail, in person or on our web site at www.concordparksandrec.org
8. Can I register for a program from the Internet?
For your convenience, some classes and programs are now available through online registration. Please visit our web site at www.concordparksandrec.org and see if online registration is available for your class or program. Online registration payment can be made with MasterCard or Visa. A user charge is applied from Active.Com to online registrations.
9. Do you take debit cards or credit cards?
10. How do I get there? I need directions!!!
The Administrative Offices are located at 147 Academy Avenue in Concord. Our web page shows a map for the location of each of our facilities. You can call the office at 920-5600 if you need further assistance or directions.
11. What are the registration fees for youth sports?
$30.00 for city residents and $50.00 for non city residents.
12. Why do you charge higher prices for non city residents?
City of Concord residents pay taxes that help support our programs. Those living outside the City Limits do not pay City of Concord taxes. Our policy states that the participant must reside within the City Limits of Concord to obtain the City Resident price.
13. Are there any programs for 3 and 4 year olds?
Check out Yoga Bagoda for 3-5 year olds. This age appropriate 45 minute yoga class is perfect for building a healthy and fit lifestyle foundation and it is so much fun!
14. What is the birthday cut off for youth sports?
Baseball/Softball is August 1; Soccer is October 15 and Basketball is October 15.
16. What do you have to do to become a youth coach?
Visit our Coaches Page. Our coaches are volunteers and a valuable part of our organization. We ask that interested parties go through the NYSCA Coaches Certificate. We do background checks on all of our coaches. You can contact the Athletic Office at 704-920-5617 or express your interest at firstname.lastname@example.org
17. Do you have a scholarship program?
We do. A scholarship application is available from our office. The first consideration is that you must reside within the city limits of Concord.
18. How do we know if the games have been called off due to inclement weather?
Please call our information line at 704-920-5640.
19. Are you affiliated with the Cabarrus County Boys and Girls Club?
No. You can reach them at 704-782-2219.
20. How can I express a concern about my child’s coach?
If you have a concern about your child’s coach, please come into the Athletic Office and talk to us about it. Or you may also send an email to
21. Can my child “play-up” in an older age group?
Yes, your child can play up, but once they move up, they can’t move back down in their own age group .
22. How do I get general information?
For answers to most questions, you can call the Parks and Recreation Department at 920-5600 or go to www.concordparksandrec.org where you can download a brochure or obtain facility information. If you still desire further information, or have questions or comments, please email us at email@example.com
23. How do I reserve one of the Fire Station Community Rooms?
For Fire Station #7 on International Drive or Fire Station #9 on Ivey Cline Road, call 704-920-5602. For Fire Station #8 on Old Charlotte Road, call 704-920-5603.