We are gearing up for another summer of 2016 day camps: Children 6-10 years for Summer Playground and 11-13 years for Summer GoneAlot program! The program is for 8 weeks, beginning June 20 and ending August 12. Hours are from 7:30 a.m. until 6:00 p.m.
Camp will be closed Monday July 4th
Please read the following very carefully so that you are prepared for registration.
• Registration for 2015 RETURNERS will be Wednesday, January 13 – midnight on January 17, 2016 by ONLINE registration and from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. by WALK-IN registration until Friday, January 15.
• If your child is moving up from Summer Playground to Camp GoneAlot, please register them for Camp GoneAlot.
• Registration for NEW campers that are CITY OF CONCORD RESIDENTS (you must reside in the City Limits of Concord) will begin on Wednesday, January 20 - midnight on January 24 by ONLINE and from 8:00am -5:00pm by WALK-IN until Friday, January 22.
• Registration opens to the public Wednesday, February 3 at 8:00am by both ONLINE and WALK-IN Registration.
• ALL past due balances and scholarships for ANY City of Concord Parks and Recreation program must be paid in full before you can register your child for Summer Playground or apply for a scholarship for Summer Playground.
• Summer Playground balances must be paid in full by JUNE 3. Registrations on or after JUNE 3 must be paid in full at the time of registration.
• Campers not paid in full by JUNE 3 will not be allowed to participate in the program. Refunds will not be given after JUNE 3.
• ALL payment and registration deadlines apply to scholarship applicants. Scholarship forms can be found on the City of Concord Parks and Recreation website at www.concordparksandrec.org.
• New campers must provide a birth certificate at the time of registration.
Once a site has reached its maximum capacity (with the exception of Camp GoneAlot) a waiting list will only be available to those who register for another camp site. Once registered for another site, your camper can be placed on the waiting list for the desired site. If an opening becomes available at the desired site, the camper will be allowed to transfer to that site.
The City of Concord resident fee is $375.00 and the non-city resident fee is $530.00. A payment of $100 is required at registration. The fee balance can be made in monthly installments, with the total fee due by JUNE 5. No refunds will be given after JUNE 3.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at 704-920-5600. We look forward to seeing you this summer!
Assistant Athletic Supervisor
Weekly Activities for all sites:
McInnis Aquatics Center - 2x per week
Tennis - Myers Park
Arts and Crafts
Major Trips for all sites:
Carowinds & Riverbanks Zoo
Day trips, fun outdoor and indoor activities such as kickball, scavenger hunts, spiderball, water days
Camp GoneAlot (Academy Recreation) - Ages 11-13
This program is geared to motivate and stimulate the participant's willingness to learn through field trips and age appropriate activities. Camp GoneAlot is true to it's name. Almost everyday these campers are traveling to a new adventure in addition to their weekly activities and major trips. They may be at Grandfather Mountain, playing paintball, canoeing, visiting museums...the possibilities are endless!!! In addition to the "fun" stuff, they will participate in a community service project. All field trips are included in the registration fee, however while on field trips, optional activities will be offered. If those activities cost extra money, parents will be notified and you will be able to choose if you would like to send money for your child to participate in the optional activities. If parents choose, money can also be sent for the purchase of souvenirs. Because this group travels so much, parents must pack a lunch for your child daily. We will inform you ahead of time if we will be providing lunch.
Myers Park - Ages 6-10
Hartsell Recreation - Ages 6-10
Caldwell Park - Ages 6-10
These three camp sites participate in all weekly activities as well as the major trips. The well rounded and diverse program offers indoor and outdoor recreational activities as well as creative arts activities. They also will take some day trips. All trips fees are included in the registration fee, however if optional activities are available parents will be informed ahead of time of those costs. If parents choose, money can also be sent for the purchase of souvenirs. Participants in these three sites are given the option of a free morning snack and lunch each day, or they can bring their own. Due to our participation in the Summer Feeding program, all orders for the free morning snacks and lunches must be placed by 9 am.
If you are a current camper or parent, be sure to visit the Parents Page regularly for camp information, schedules, surveys, etc. You were previously issued a password for the parents page. You must also enter a username, which is parent.
If you are having problems obtaining access, please send us an email that includes your camper's name at firstname.lastname@example.org
Participation in this programs indicates that you agree to this statement:
"I agree to release and hold harmless the City of Concord and its staff from any and all claims for personal injury, property loss or any other loss that may arise out of or during participation in this program."
If you haven't already, you can create your online account now.
Your account allows you to register online, view other activities, etc.
Your emailed comments are always welcome at email@example.com
In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis or face, color, national origin, sex, age or disability.
To file a complaint of discrimination, write USDA, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 or call toll free (866) 632-9992 (Voice) Individuals who are hearing impaired or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339; or (800) 845-6136 (Spanish). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.