The City of Concord provides recycling of acceptable commingled materials and cardboard to all businesses in the City, free of charge. Cardboard and commingled materials are collected separately. The City of Concord does not provide ABC Permit Holder Recycling.
Commingled Material Recycling
The City of Concord provides collection of acceptable commingled materials to all businesses, free of charge, under the following conditions:
- Commingled recycling is collected at the curb every other week in roll-out recycling containers provided by the City of Concord.
- Businesses may request up to 3 roll-out containers.
- It is the responsibility of the business to place the roll-out container(s) at the curb between 5pm the day before collection day and 6am on collection day. Carts must be retrieved by 9pm on collection day.
- Collection day is predetermined based on location and is provided at signup.
- To sign your business up for commingled recycling, contact the Customer CARE Center at 704.920.5555.
Position wheels away from the street.
Do not block driveways or sidewalks.
Place more than one roll-out cart at least 2 feet apart and at least 2 feet from obstructions
that may interfere with automated cart pickup (i.e. mailboxes, fire hydrants, parked cars, etc.)
Corrugated cardboard is also collected, free of charge, from commercial generators.
- A crew member will help your business or organization determine if loose cardboard collection is appropriate. Loose collection is available for small quantities of piled, flattened cardboard.
- Organizations that generate 4 or more cubic yards of cardboard each week are provided an 8yd dumpster to be emptied weekly.
- Organizations that generate 24+ cubic yards each week may be required to provide compaction equipment.
ABC Permit Holder Recycling
In 2005, the State of North Carolina passed House Bill 1518 (SL2005-348), which requires certain ABC permit holders to recycle glass, plastic, and aluminum beverage containers whose contents are sold for on-premises consumption.
The City of Concord does not provide recycling service for ABC permit holders. It is the responsibility of the business owner to secure recycling service from a private company or to create their own ABC recycling plan.
HB 1518 applies to holders of:
on-premises malt beverage permits
on premise unfortified wine permits
mixed beverage permits
on-premise fortified wine permits
Please visit the North Carolina Division of Pollution Prevention and Environmental Assistance’s website or call them at (800) 763-0136 for more detailed information. HB 1518 is managed by the North Carolina ABC Commission. Applicants for ABC permits must, in addition to the Permit Application, fill out a Recycling Compliance Form, or if the applicant chooses to prepare their own recycling plan, they must instead submit a Recycling Self Hauling Form. Download NCDPPEA’s ABC Legislation presentation. (PowerPoint viewer required.)
Below is a list of vendors providing recycling services to the Concord area.
282 Scotts Creek Rd., Statesville, NC 28625
Customer Service: (704) 872-2668
Contact: Jeff Benfield (email@example.com)
Jeff McMahan: (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Offers: 96-gallon receptacles
2,4,6, & 8 cubic yard front- load dumpsters
12,20, & 30 cubic yard roll-off dumpsters
Offers: ABC Glass Recycling, Cardboard Recycling
Concrete & Asphalt Recycling, Metal & Aluminum Recycling
Single Stream Co-Mingle Recycling, Wood & Pallet Recycling
Republic/Allied Waste Services
5105-A Morehead Road, Concord, NC 28207
Customer Service: (704) 393-6900
Contacts: Sean Reidy (704) 262-6005
Alice Oehler (704) 393-6900 ext. 393
Offers: 96-gallon receptacles (sales staff determines limits)
5516 Rozzelles Ferry Road, Charlotte, NC 28214
Customer Service: (704) 596-2077
Contact: Frank Rocco
Offers: 64-gallon & 96-gallon receptacles
All-Points Waste Services, Inc.
P.O. Box 2458, Indian Trail, NC 28079
Customer Service: (704) 821-5424
Contact: Amber Elliot
Offers: 96-gallon recptacles
8 cubic yard dumpster
12, 20, & 30 cubic yard roll-offs with lids
* may supply in-house collection receptacles
New Market Waste Solutions
310 Arlington Avenue - Suite 204, Charlotte, NC 28203
Telephone: (704) 632-9934
Contact: Mark Stack (email@example.com
Rob Ryan (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Offers: 90-gallon receptacles
2 to 8-cubic yard dumpsters
20 cubic yard and 40-cubic yard roll-offs
Pickett Up Recycling
Customer Service: (704) 759-1400
Contacts: Jill & William Pickett
Offers: 96-gallon receptacles "outside" with "inside" receptacles based on customer needs.
PO Box 7349, Charlotte, NC 28214
Customer Service: 704-714-9400
Contacts: Aaron Blanton & Bob Martin
To add your business to this list or to share updated information, contact Mandy Smith-Thompson at 704-920-5379.