News and Updates
Residential bulky waste collection every other week, starting July 5, 2016.
Beginning July 5, place bulky waste out for collection on the same day as recycling.
Bulky Waste includes all items that cannot fit inside curbside carts such as furniture, tires, equipment, appliances (white goods), and e-waste (anything with a circuit board, especially TVs and computers).
- Better use of tax dollars. More efficient collection, reduced fuel consumption, and improved air quality.
- Your collection day will not change. Recycling and bulky waste will be collected every other week according to the established blue/green zone schedule. Weekly garbage and yard waste collection continues unchanged.
Did you know...?
Recycling Gift Wrap
Used paper gift bags, gift wrap & tissue paper can be recycled. Simply place these items in curbside recycle bins. Plastic & foil bags and wrap are not accepted.
Please remember to re-use before recycling!
Banned from NC Landfills
For more specific information on and detailed definitions of items banned from NC landfills, please visit p2pays.org/BannedMaterials/index.asp
The following items are currently banned from NC landfills:
- Used Oil
- White Goods
- Yard Trash (unleass the landfill is specifically authorized to accept yard trash)
- Aluminum Cans
- Whole Scrap Tires
- Lead-Acid Batteries
- Plastic Bottles
- Recyclable Rigid Plastic Containers
- Wooden Pallets
- Oil Filters
- Oyster Shells
- Discarded Computer Equipment and Televisions