Residential recycling collection
Residential recycling collection in Concord is fully automated and occurs
on an every-other-week schedule.
Click here to enter your address and find out your recycling week.
Roll-out carts make recycling easier
- Each resident receives, at no charge, one new 96-gallon black recycling cart (with a lid to keep material dry and prevent litter!). All recycling goes in this cart together. The cart is property of the City of Concord.
- The City will supply a second black recycling cart to anyone who needs one at no cost. Call 704-920-5555.
More items than ever are now recycled curbside
Residents can recycle many new items to further reduce the waste going to the landfill. Please rinse all food, drink, or other residues from items first. Here’s an updated list of recyclable items:
Empty Aerosol Cans (no paint cans)
All Plastics (no Styrofoam, bags, or film)
Wide-Mouth Plastic Containers & Lids
Rigid Plastic Containers & Small Hard Plastic Toys
Milk & Juice Cartons, & Juice Boxes
Shredded Paper (placed in clear bag)
- Aluminum Cans
- Metal Food Cans & Lids
- Glass Bottles & Jars
- Cereal & Food Boxes
- Cardboard Boxes
- Mixed Paper, Newspapers with Inserts, & Junk Mail
- Paperback Books
- Magazines & Phone Books
- Spiral Paper Cans (with plastic lids detached)
Proper cart placement (click on the picture to read the caption)
The following should not go in your black recycle cart
- Household garbage
- Computers, printers, and old televisions: The City recycles e-waste for no extra fee! Simply place these items by the curb between 5pm the day before your collection day and 6am on your collection day.
- Small appliances like toasters, vacuum cleaners, and blenders. Simply place these items by the curb between 5pm the day before your collection day and 6am on your collection day.
- CFL light bulbs (spiral energy saving bulbs): Do not place them in your recycling cart or garbage cart (they contain mercury) – take them to Cabarrus County Public Libraries, the County Manager’s Office, or the Household Hazardous Waste Facility.
- Dirty pizza boxes (or other cardboards with food residue)
- Plastic bags, plastic film, or plastic wrap (recycle shopping bags at participating stores)
- Caps (only wide-mouth plastic, steel can lids and metal lids from glass jars can be recycled)
- Audio and video cassettes, and photographic film
- CDs and DVDs
- Christmas lights and garden hoses
- Rubber or tires (call 704-920-5555 to schedule curbside pickup of tires)
- Paint cans
- Household glassware
- Clothing (or other fabric)
Have more questions? Please visit the FAQ page.