Storm Drain Marking Program
Stormwater Services has recently launched a new storm drain marking program. 75% of North Carolinians think storm water receives treatment before it is released into local bodies of water. Actually, it flows from the street, down the storm drains and directly into those bodies of water, without ever being cleaned up! Volunteers may be seen around the City affixing placards to storm drains that say "No Dumping Drains to Creek." If you or your neighborhood would like to participate in the storm drain marking program, contact Crystal Brown at 704-920-5287 or email@example.com
- Asheford Green
- Fairway Ridge
- Gable Oaks
- Kings Crossing
- Moss Creek (In Progress)
- Roberta Farms
If your group would like to Adopt-A-Stream, please follow these steps:
1. Fill out the Adopt-A-Stream Proposal, and mail or email to Crystal Brown at :
|P.O. Box 308
2. We will contact you upon approval of the submitted proposal and send you an Adopt-A-Stream contract.
3. The Adopt-A-Stream Contract requires that your group perform 2 stream cleanups per year along your designated stream segment. After 3 successful cleanups, Stormwater Services will place a sign by the stream denoting your group as stream adoptees.
4. One week before each stream cleanup, contact Crystal Brown to arrange a time to check out the following stream cleanup equipment: orange bags, gloves, waders and safety vests. Be sure to indicate sizes, amounts and types of equipment your group will need.
5. When checking out equipment, your group agrees to return equipment in the shape it was received, and to return it no later than 2 days after your scheduled stream cleanup.
*If your scheduled stream cleanup is delayed, please notify City of Concord Stormwater Services Personnel so that we can re-allocate equipment for your re-scheduled cleanup date.
6. After each stream cleanup, please take all collected waste to an accessible curbside location. Then, report the location to the City of Concord so that the waste can be collected. Any recyclable items may be placed inside green City of Concord recycle bins.
7. Upon completion of each stream cleanup, please submit a Field Activity Report to Crystal Brown.