As part of our efforts to improve the City of Concord, we will be upgrading the electric and/or water meters for all customers we service. The new advanced technologies we will install and upgrade offer a number of key benefits, including, but not limited to:
- Faster electric outage restoration and improved reliability
- Improved water leak detection
- Faster electric outage restoration and improved overall reliability
- A new online portal with tools for all customers to manage electricity and/or water usage
- Improved customer service
As we start the upgrades, here are some helpful tips to help you prepare for your meter upgrade(s):
- Clear A Safe Path: If there is anything blocking your electric and/or water meters, we ask that you clear a safe path for our installers. Otherwise, there is nothing you need to do to prepare for this exchange.
- Ask for ID: When the installer arrives, please keep in mind that the City of Concord will be using an installation partner, NexGen, to upgrade electric and/or water meters. These installers will be wearing identification from both the City of Concord and NexGen. All trucks and vehicles associated with the installation will clearly be marked City of Concord and NexGen.
You may ask to see a photo ID badge if one of our installers comes to your location.
- Look for Our Door Hanger: Should your meter not be accessible, we will leave a door hanger behind to inform you of how to schedule an installation. If you have any questions or concerns about the installment or scheduled time, please call us at 877-650-7098.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to call a customer service representative at 704-920-5555.