Solid Waste Services
Solid Waste Services: Meeting the challenges for waste collection and recycling every day
The City of Concord contracts with Waste Pro to collect residential garbage and recycling, white goods, tires, building materials, and scrap metal (i.e. lawn mowers, wheelbarrows, etc.).
City of Concord Solid Waste Services crews collect yard waste and loose leaves.
The services we provide assure compliance with North Carolina and US EPA solid waste regulations while maintaining cost effective services to all our customers.
In most cases, your neighborhood trash, recyclables, and yard waste are collected on the same day. Call-in scheduling is not required for collection. Curbside collection times are subject to change based on holiday schedules. You must place all garbage, recycling and special waste items at the curb by 6am on your collection day. You may place items by the curb no earlier than 5pm the day before your collection day.
Please follow these guidelines for efficient curbside collection:
- Residential trash/garbage must be placed in tied bags.
- All bags must fit inside City of Concord authorized roll-out garbage carts
- (any garbage, bagged or not, that is placed outside the cart or in unauthorize carts will not be collected).
- Collections are made between 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.
- Garbage and Recycling carts should be positioned at the curb with wheels and handle away from the street. Please place carts at least 2 feet from obstacles.
- Residents are permitted one green roll-out garbage cart per household. Up to 2 additional brown roll-out carts are available for a monthly fee, provided that the household participates in the curbside recycling program.
- The City will supply a second black recycling cart to anyone who needs one at no cost (call 704-920-5555).
- Household hazardous waste will not be picked up at the curb, but should be taken to the CABARRUS COUNTY HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE FACILITY. Call 704.920.EARTH (3278) or visit Cabarrus County Household Hazardous Waste page for more information and hours of operation.
How to report a missed collection
If your waste or recycling are not collected on your scheduled collection day, call 704-920-5555. If a miss is reported before 5:15pm, Waste Pro will respond by 8:00pm on that day. However, if a miss is reported after 5:15pm, Waste Pro will respond on the following day.
If a tree service cuts down or trims your trees or bushes, they are responsible for removing all debris.
Thank you for your patience as we work through the details. If problems do arise, please call 704.920.5555 for assistance.