Fire Station 5

Dedicated in 1991, Concord Fire Station No. 5 is located at 170 Pitts School Road. Originally operated by the Pitts Volunteer Fire Department, the structure was renovated and expanded in 1991 as a result of an agreement between the Pitts VFD Board of Directors and the City of Concord for the Pitts Fire District to be protected by the Concord Department of Fire & Life Safety, and that all equipment, vehicles, and structures owned by the Pitts Fire District be given to the City of Concord. Thus, since 1991, Concord Engine Company 5 has been responsible for this area. Engine Company 5, and a reserve engine is quartered in this station.

Fire Station No.5’s first due area includes the Charlotte Motor Speedway, a mixture of residential, multi-family, industrial, commercial occupancies as well as the Hwy. 29 and Speedway Boulevard corridors.

City of Concord Recognized Neighborhoods within Fire Station No. 5’s area include:

  • Carolando
  • Carriage Downs
  • Covington
  • Glen Grove
  • Morris Glen
  • Roberta Farms
  • Roberta Woods
  • The Woodlands
  • Yates Meadow

Funding was approved in the FY14 budget for major renovations and additions to this station in order to accommodate a ladder company.

Engine 5  

2015 Pierce Enforcer with 1500 gpm pump

Reserve Engine Co. 93

1992 Pierce Dash with 1500 gpm pump