The City of Concord is offering a $400 rebate to residential customers that install a new qualified heat pump, or replace their existing heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system, with a new qualified heat pump in their home.
To qualify for a rebate, applicants must:
- Be a City of Concord electric customer. This includes single family residential addresses that receive an electric utility bill from the City of Concord.
- Be the customer of record on a current, non-delinquent account.
- Purchase and have installed a Heat Pump, with a minimum Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (SEER) of 14.00 (no maximum), as a new installation or to replace an existing HVAC system.
- The heat pump must be at least one (1) ton and not greater than five (5) tons.
- A copy of the dated sales invoice for the heat pump must be included with the application.
- The customer must agree to a post-installation inspection to verify the heat pump's eligibility. The verification will be to determine the information on the Rebate Application matches what has been installed.
- Customers should contact David A. Dobbins, City of Concord Electric Engineering Manager, at (704) 920-5303 to begin the application process or submit a completed application and receipt to the following address for processing:
Concord Electric System Department
Heat Pump Rebate Program
P.O. Box 308
Concord, NC 28026
- The rebate is $400 per unit with no maximum number of units to a customer, builder or developer for a qualified heat pump installed in a residence on the City of Concord's electric system. A separate application must be submitted for each unit.
- The Heat Pump must have a minimum Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (SEER) of 14.00 (no maximum).
- The Heat Pump Rebate Program will support the installation of new, and replacements of any existing HVAC system, with a qualified heat pump in a residential home.
- A completed and signed Rebate Application must be returned to the City of Concord, with a copy of the dated sales invoice from contractor, within sixty (60) days of date of purchase. Please retain copies of all paper work for your records.
- Invoices from a contractor must contain the following information to be considered acceptable:
I Business/company name
II Invoice/order number
III Make, model and type of the heat pump installed
- Rebates are offered on a first come, first serve basis and will be issued as a fixed check to the qualified applicant. This program may continue as long as budget funds are available.
- The installation of Mini-Split heat pumps or Dual Fuel systems do not qualify.
* For additional information or questions, please contact David A. Dobbins at (704) 920-5303 *
- The City of Concord reserves the right to request additional information and to reject any application that does not meet all of the requirements of this rebate program.
A customer may be denied under these and other conditions determined by the city:
a. Incomplete rebate application.
b. Application not received within 60 days.
c. No copy of dated sales invoice.
d. Manufacturer documentation of efficiency ratings not included.
e. Installation before January 1, 2012
f. Funding is no longer available.
- The City of Concord makes no representations or warranties that Heat Pump selected by the applicant will perform as represented by its manufacturer or seller. The city makes no guarantee, express or implied, about the quality of the heat pump or its installation. The City of Concord is not responsible for the work of the installer. The manufacturer, not the City, guarantees the customer's heat pump against defects. All future service requirements can be arranged with any contractor of the customer's choice. Since the heat pump remains the customer's property, all future service is at the customer's expense.
- The City of Concord reserves the right to change this rebate program without notice. This rebate program may be available until funding is no longer available.